Note: As a Pastor, I am passionate about growing the culture of prayer in every congregation that I serve. When God’s people have a disciplined and purposeful prayer life, Satan trembles. To that end, I want to invite you to be a part of an intentional effort to strengthen your own prayer life and deepen the culture of prayer here at Trinity.
Using the movie ‘War Room’ as our starting point, Trinity church and school families will be encouraged and challenged to re-discover the power, blessings, and peace found in a meaningful prayer life. ‘Together’ we will watch the movie and then 'gather' for 5 weeks of discussion and Bible study.
Meeting on Sundays. Your options are as follows:
Watching the Movie Options
- Sunday January 3rd 12:15pm – 2:30pm
- In the Sanctuary. Reservation Required. Wearing a mask is required. Limited seating for 35 people is a precautionary measure.
- OR watch online via Zoom
- Can't watch on January 3rd? An alternative is to watch at home prior to January 9th
- Rent an online copy of the movie to watch at home… $3.99
- Borrow a copy of the movie from the Jackson District Library
Discussion Group Options:
- January 10th – February 7th meets on Sundays for 30 minutes, with about 45 minutes of preparation to complete before class.
- In person – between Services 10:15 - 10:45 in Fellowship Hall Reservation required. Wearing a mask is required. Limited seating for 10 people is a precautionary measure.
- Online – via Zoom 12:15pm
What is the War Room Movie about?
WAR ROOM, was released in theaters on August 28, 2015. WAR ROOM became the #1 movie in the United States during its second week of release. Filled with heart, wit & humor, WAR ROOM follows Tony and Elizabeth Jordan, a middle-class couple who seemingly have it all – great jobs, a beautiful daughter, their dream home. But appearances can be deceiving. In reality, the Jordan's marriage has become a war zone and their daughter is collateral damage.