A note from Tim Frusti, chair of Trinity’s Call Committee:
King David, a godly man of courage, faced times of uncertainty and fear. We hear one of those moments in Psalm 143: “Answer me quickly, Lord; my spirit fails.” Congregations might experience similar times. It may feel like Trinity has been in the Calling process for a long time. The process may seem slow and uncertain. At such moments, prayer offers a great blessing. Like David, we can ask God to answer quickly, and we can trust that he will. Perhaps not by sending our new pastor quickly, but by reviving our spirits without delay. That, ultimately, was what David was looking for, and we joyful join in that petition!
Prayer for Trinity’s Call Process
Thank you, Heavenly Father, for your countless blessings through this season of transition, especially for the opportunities you continue to lay before us to serve you and your world during our time of vacancy.
We pray that you bless the members of our Call Committee.
- Encourage and support them as they continue seeking the right pastor for Trinity.
- Give them unity of spirit, wisdom, and strength against spiritual attacks and frustrations.
- Lead them to seek Christ above all else and to lean on his promise to bless and preserve his Church in all circumstances.
We ask that you bless us soon with a shepherd who is committed foremost to follow Paul’s admonition to “Preach the word… [and to] correct, rebuke, and encourage with great patience and careful instruction.” (2 Timothy 4:2).
- Grant him wisdom and the discernment of your holy will as he considers our Call.
- Give peace and protection as he moves from his current position to our community.
- Bless his family and his current congregation with thanksgiving and courage as they, too, transition to a new ministry and life.
Thank you for Pastor Kurt’s faithful service as he leads and cares for Trinity as our vacancy pastor.
- Cover his family with protection and peace.
- Be his unending source of strength and joy.
Continue guiding and blessing Trinity as we wait for the shepherd you have prepared for us.
- Grant us faith and love as we continue to care for one another and our neighbors, grow spiritually, and strive towards ever more faithful discipleship.
- Calm our fears, strengthen our trust, and fill us with hope.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.